chrome.management API provides ways to manage the list of
extensions/apps that are installed and running. It is particularly useful for
extensions that override the built-in New Tab page.
- A reason the item is disabled.
- Information about an installed extension, app, or theme.
How the extension was installed. One of
admin: The extension was installed because of an administrative policy,
development: The extension was loaded unpacked in developer mode,
normal: The extension was installed normally via a .crx file,
sideload: The extension was installed by other software on the machine,
other: The extension was installed by other means.
- The type of this extension, app, or theme.
- Information about an icon belonging to an extension, app, or theme.
- These are all possible app launch types.