ContactPicker plugin for Flutter
With this plugin a Flutter app can ask its user to select a contact from his/her address book. The information associated with the contact is returned to the app.
This plugin uses the operating system's native UI for selection contacts and does not require any special permissions from the user.
Currently, the plugin only supports picking phone numbers. However, it should be easy to extend it to request other properties (e.g. addresses) from a contact or to optain the entire record for a contact (PRs are welcome).
Using the plugin
Follow the Installing instructions on pub.
After that, instantiate
ContactPicker in your Flutter app and call
selectContact on it to bring up the UI for selecting a contact. The function returns with the selected
Contact once the user has made a choice (or
null if the user didn't select anything).
example/lib/main.dart for an actual usage example.
- Built-in types and core primitives for a Flutter application. [...]
- Support for asynchronous programming, with classes such as Future and Stream. [...]
- Classes and utilities that supplement the collection support in dart:core. [...]
- Encoders and decoders for converting between different data representations, including JSON and UTF-8. [...]
- Built-in types, collections, and other core functionality for every Dart program. [...]
- Interact with developer tools such as the debugger and inspector. [...]
- Mathematical constants and functions, plus a random number generator. [...]
- Lists that efficiently handle fixed sized data (for example, unsigned 8 byte integers) and SIMD numeric types. [...]
- File, socket, HTTP, and other I/O support for non-web applications. [...]
- Concurrent programming using isolates: independent workers that are similar to threads but don't share memory, communicating only via messages. [...]