Animated images (GIF/APNG/WebP) support in flutter.
The plugin is under construction.
It lacks of basic features, and has got a number of serious issues.
dependencies: flutter: sdk: flutter flutter_animated: any
// import import 'flutter_animated/animated_gif.dart'; // fetch a gif final Uint8List imgBytes = await http.readBytes('https://some.site/some.gif'); // generate a Widget for the gif final Widget gifWidget = new AnimatedGif.memory(imgBytes);
Currently the only format being supported is
gif and the only constructor is
AnimatedGif inherits from
StatefulWidget. This may change in the future though.
The performance is way not ideal for now. The good news is, it shows the first frame while decoding.
- POOR PERFORMANCE it takes seconds to decode large images
- BUG malfunctioning alpha composition
- method to set speed/FPS
- method to controll play/pause
- method to set forward/reverse
- support input more than UInt8List
- asset path, url, etc.
- support more formats like APNG and WebP
- proper testing
- proper example
- proper annotation and doc generating