This package's use case is to provide access to the full library of Icons and FontAwesomeIcons at runtime when the specific icons needed are not known at compile time. As such, all Tree Shaking is totally worked around/defeated for Icons and FontAwesomeIcons, so know that before you use the library.
The methods you may want to consider using include:
getIconUsingPrefix(name: "PREFIX.ICON_NAME") - if PREFIX is "fa" or "fontawesome" the icon_name after the "." will be resolved against the font awesome icons first, if that fails, it'll go to Material Design Icons. If there is no PREFIX.ICON_NAME, it'll fail over to just trying to resolve Material First, then Font Awesome.
getIconGuessFavorFA(name:"ICON_NAME") - if there is an icon named ICON_NAME in FA, return that, otherwise, try Material
getIconGuessFavorMaterial(name:"ICON_NAME") - if there is an icon named ICON_NAME in Material Design, return that, otherwise, try FA
All methods will return null if icon doesn't exist.
I basically wrote this as a hack/work around to https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/16189.
For help getting started with Flutter, view the online documentation.
- Built-in types and core primitives for a Flutter application. [...]
- Support for asynchronous programming, with classes such as Future and Stream. [...]
- Classes and utilities that supplement the collection support in dart:core. [...]
- Encoders and decoders for converting between different data representations, including JSON and UTF-8. [...]
- Built-in types, collections, and other core functionality for every Dart program. [...]
- Interact with developer tools such as the debugger and inspector. [...]
- Mathematical constants and functions, plus a random number generator. [...]
- Lists that efficiently handle fixed sized data (for example, unsigned 8 byte integers) and SIMD numeric types. [...]
- File, socket, HTTP, and other I/O support for non-web applications. [...]
- Concurrent programming using isolates: independent workers that are similar to threads but don't share memory, communicating only via messages. [...]