Flutter plugin for Reader SDK
Square Reader SDK lets developers embed the Square checkout flow and accept in-person payments in custom apps using Square Readers. The SDK supports authorization, transaction processing, and Reader management.
Use Square's official Flutter plugin for Reader SDK to build in-person payment solutions on Android and iOS.
How to use
The Flutter plugin for Reader SDK acts as a wrapper on the native SDKs and is currently compatible with the following native Reader SDK versions:
- iOS: version 1.0.1
- Android: 1.0.4
In addition to this README, the following is available in the flutter plugin GitHub repo:
- Getting Started
- Technical Reference
doc- Root directory for all documentation
example- Root directory of the Flutter sample app (with walkthrough).
- Android SDK platform: API 27 (Oreo, 8.1).
- Android SDK build tools: 26.0.3
- Android Gradle Plugin: 3.0.0 or greater.
- Support library: 26.0.2
- Google Play Services: 12.0.1
- Google APIs Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
- Xcode version: 9.1 or greater.
- iOS Base SDK: 11.1 or greater.
- Deployment target: iOS 11.0 or greater.
Reader SDK requirements and limitations
- Reader SDK is only available for accounts based in the United States. Authorization requests for accounts based outside the United States return an error.
- Reader SDK may not be used for unattended terminals. Using Reader SDK to implement payment solutions in unattended terminals or kiosks (for example, vending machines) is strictly prohibited.
- Reader SDK requires an authorization token from the Mobile Authorization API to connect Square Readers and accept payments.
- Reader SDK only supports on-screen tipping. Digital receipts and tips can be configured in Reader SDK. Tipping on printed receipts is not supported at this time.
- Reader SDK cannot issue refunds. Refunds can be issued programmatically using the Transactions API or manually in the Square Dashboard.
- Reader SDK is not supported in the Square sandbox. See Testing Mobile Apps for testing recommendations.
- Your version of Reader SDK must adhere to the Square SDK update policy. To limit risk to developers and their users, Square enforces an update policy for Reader SDK that requires developers to keep their version of Reader SDK current.
Copyright 2018 Square Inc. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.